Friday, June 3, 2011

Philosophy




Philosophy

What I did:
After I rewrote a shorter version of my educational philosophy. I published it on Google Docs (link above) I then created an avatar which reads (part of) my philosophy, and embedded it in this post. i actually got the embedding right, i was pretty proud of myself for that one!


What I learned:
-I learned all about a voki and how much fun it was.

How can you use the new learning?
-We could use this in a number of ways.
We could use this is we wanted to create a movie or video and let each student have part in it. We could also let students give speeches using this.


This ISTE Standards that I feel this related to are 2 and 5. 2 is to: Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments, we designed in that we designed an Avatar or digital tool to help us learn. Standard 5 says that: Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership. It also addresses Professional Growth and Leadership, we then had to share our philosophy with others and tell them about why we are teaching/ our goals of teaching.

Also standard:
3. Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society. Teachers:
a. demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations
c. communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats

No comments:

Post a Comment