Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Excel Grade

Here are my grades/ excel spreadsheet




Windows Excel is an awesome tool for teachers in the classroom. It is a fast and easy way to keep a grade book.
I love it once I remember how to do the formulas and different things, until I remember I am frustrated.
I've used Excel and its formulas before, but I didn't know just how much you could do with it. During this activity, I learned how to use brackets to weight different parts of a score. I also learned how to use the IF function to assign a letter grade to a numerical grade.
I think this tool will be very useful to me as a teacher.
I will be able to just set up the formulas and plug in the grades, and it will calculate the averages and letter grades for me.


The standard I feet this assignment meets is:
Standard
3. Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society. Teachers:
d. model and facilitate effective use of current and emerging digital tools to locate, analyze, evaluate, and use information
resources to support research and learning
1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student
learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments. Teachers:
a. promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness

No comments:

Post a Comment