Friday, June 10, 2011

Jing Graphic


I had used JING before in an undergraduate class. I attempted to find my NING site where I had several posts using JING, but since it is a "for-pay" site now, my NING account was gone. I remembered using JING, but it has been a while, however once I downloaded it and started playing around, I remembered what I doing.

Here is a link to my Screen Shot

I googled a graphic whichs shows the counties of WV. I am from Parkersburg, so I used the arrow tool to show which county that was in, then I pointed out Fairmont State, along with where our capital is located. This would be a good tool to use when studying different parts of the state, students could each choose a county and report on it.


I learned that you can capture shots of anything on your computer by using the jing software that stays at the top of the computer.


-You can use this by saving a picture and being able to go back to it and show the students how to do the different steps.

The Standard that JING relates to are 3 and 4 D.
3. Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society. Teachers:
c. communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats
a. demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations

No comments:

Post a Comment