Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Browser Wars

When looking at current "Browser Wars", the newest statistic shows that Firefox has taken the top spot. I have been using Firefox for a while, especially since my Internet explorer is corrupt and doesn't work. I have noticed that somethings, like Black Board, want to be even more difficult than normal on Firefox. I have come to be more auanted and use to Firefox, so I use it more than Internet Explorer, unless explorer is the only thing I have to use (in the Library at school).

A web browser is a software application for retrieving, presenting, and traversing information resources on the World Wide Web. An information resource is identified by a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) and may be a web page, image, video, or other piece of content.[1] Hyperlinks present in resources enable users to easily navigate their browsers to related resources.

The 4 most popular Web browsers are:
1. Firefox
2. Internet Explorer
3. (Google) Chrome
4. Safari

As I mentioned, I use Firefox, because it is what I have become familiar with and the only thing that works on my laptop.

Browser wars is a metaphorical term that refers to competitions for dominance in usage share in the web browser marketplace. The competition is driven by the amount of things that each browser can do, along with how well the browsers protect the people who use them. Also new features and speed are what attracts people to use the different browsers. When it comes to being #1 it is all about money and followers. The more popular a web browser is and the more money it raises, the more sucessful it is going to be.

What I did:
-I simply answered the questions.
I already had Mozilla

What I learned
-I learned about the different types of web browsers and how they are all different.

How can you use the new learning?
-We can use different types of web browsers in our classrooms. It would help them enhance their technology by switching it up.

"Browser Wars" can be associated with NETS-T 1B. Students are exploring and solving problems using digital tools. I can also be associated with 3D becuase the tool uses different resourses to research different topics.

Also:
Standard 5. Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
Teachers continuously improve their professional practice, model lifelong learning, and exhibit leadership in their school and professional
community by promoting and demonstrating the effective use of digital tools and resources. Teachers:
c. evaluate and reflect on current research and professional practice on a regular basis to make effective use of existing and emerging digital
tools and resources in support of student learning
d. contribute to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession and of their school and community
Copyright

No comments:

Post a Comment